5.08.2012

Review : Destined by Aprilynne Pike

Goodreads : Tamani looked at her gravely, and reached up to tuck her hair behind her ear.
He hesitated for an instant, then his hands found the sides of her face, pulling her to him. He didn't kiss her, just held her face close to his, their foreheads resting together, their noses almost touching.
She hated how much it felt like good-bye. 
Laurel now knows the truth: Yuki is a rare Winter faerie, the most powerful—and deadly—of all, and Klea plans to use her to help conquer and destroy Avalon. But Klea's reach extends far beyond one wild Winter faerie. With Tamani, David, and Chelsea by her side, Laurel prepares to face what may be Avalon's final days, in the stunning conclusion to the Wings series

My thoughts : I feel like I've been waiting for this book forever but no, it has only been a year .. I loved Illusions so much that I was really eager to know how the series was getting end. Destined was a very quick read and I really enjoyed it though I didn't love it. I want to keep this review as spoilerfree as possible so I'll be very brief. I had trouble getting into the story as I didn't remember some details from the previous books but that didn't prevent me from enjoying Destined a lot. 
For some reason, I didn't like the characters as much in this book than in Spells or Illusions .. The only character who grew on me was David : he annoyed me a lot less in this last book. I wish we had more Laurel/Tamani scenes ... 
The ending was pretty cool but I was expecting something less "happily ever after" like but I'm very satisfied with it as Laurel ended up with who I wanted. Oh and I loved David's letter to Chelsea at the end of the book !!
Overall Destined was a great conclusion to the Wings series though I was a bit disappointed in this last installment but I guess my expectations were a bit too high. 


4 Stars : I really liked it!

7 comments:

  1. Jsuis pas fan des fins happily ever after moi non plus normalement mais là j'ai trouvé ça assez bien puisqu'on a quand même un tome ou c'est juste à propos d'une guerre, beaucoup de proches des personnages meurent donc ils le méritent quand même :).
    Enfin bref contente qu'elle finisse avec celui qu'on voulait quand même !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw I'm sorry this didn't live up to the hype for you. I really did love this one, I thought it was great going back to Avalon and all of the action.

    You are right though because it would have been cool to see more of Laurel and Tam together but it all worked out the way it needed to.

    Thanks for the great review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to start this series. I've had Wings for a year now. Everyone seems to love it. Thanks for no spoilers! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry this one didn't quite live up to your expectations Elodie! But at least you enjoyed it overall and found it to be a satisfying end to the series:) This is a series I still need to read - so many great ones out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lately a few series ending haven't impressed me, like Spellbound and Bloodrose. I'm not too familiar with this series but I'm sorry it didn't end better for you. I hate when you can't remember the last book. I picked up Dreamless to read recently and a few pages in I was like, what, I haven't a clue what's going on. I had to just stop and read Starcrossed again. I was glad I did because I enjoyed it so much more then.

    Great review

    ReplyDelete
  6. This series is on my list, and i have a few in my tbr pike. I hate waiting for the next release. I am glad you plan to continue. I know a few series that I love where some of the books in the middle fell flat for me, as the author changed directions with the ARC. Great review

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was Team Tamani the whole time but in The Last Word, the letter David sent to Chelsea, I was crying my eyes out. It was SO sad.

    ReplyDelete