5.17.2012

Review : Insurgent by Veronica Roth :


Goodreads : One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.
Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.
New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.

My thoughts : I was very eager to read Insurgent since I had read and loved Divergent last year. I actually re-read Divergent right before reading the second book because I wanted to have all the important details in mind. 
I have to admit that I didn't love Insurgent as much as Divergent. I feel like not much happened in the first half of the book though I loved the last 200 pages or so (they were packed with action and the more I read the more I wanted to know what was going to happen). I found Tris to be a bit annoying in Insurgent while I absolutely loved her in the first installment but then I was really satisfied with her character and the choices she made at the end of the book. Four/Tobias is an amazing character and I very much look forward to read more scenes which feature both him and Tris. 
The ending was absolutely amazing and also a bit crazy WTF ?!?! I need to know what's going to happen, like NOW !!  
Overall, Insurgent was a great book though my expectations were a bit higher regarding this second book but I'm very glad with the way it ends so I'm impatient to read the last book in the trilogy.
I'm heading to the airport in like .. 10 minutes because I'm going to Dublin for 2 days, YAY (I'm so excited) hence he short review :).  I'll be visiting the room I'll occupy from September to June and I'll also try to visit Trinity College while I'm there !! :) I won't see you until Saturday so happy reading !!


I really liked it :  ★★

9 comments:

  1. Oh gosh have fun in Dublin!!!! Greet Mac and Barrrons!

    Can't wait to read Inusrgent myself...I still need to get a copy but as soon as I have it I'm going to read it :)) Can't wait to spend time with Four and Tris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this now! Though I haven't finished it yet, I have to agree that I am a bit frustrated by Tris at the moment... hopefully that'll turn around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that despite some small issues with Tris and a slower beginning you still loved this one overall! I'm really looking forward to it, though like you, I think I need to read Divergent again to get caught up on the world:) Fabulous review Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...I keep hearing this about Insurgent. Tris' annoying behavior, the slow pace of the first half. I have Insurgent, and I will read it. I'm not dying to get started, though.
    Glad you enjoyed it. Great review, Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read your review Elodie because I only finished Divergent a few days ago and I am waiting for Insurgent from TBD. I already knew too much about Divergent before I read it so I don't want to know anything about Insurgent. You gave it 4 stars though, that's good enough. I can't wait to read it :) Are you in Dublin now? I hope your really enjoying your visit

    ReplyDelete
  6. NO not very much happened plot wise. It was very character oriented and a set up for the 3rd book. It's still pretty good though. Glad you enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the hype over this series got to me. Since there was so much promotional material on all of the big blogs for about two weeks I was Divergented out even though I have never read this series.

    Now that some of the hype has died down again I'm planning on reading Divergent in June :)

    Thanks for the great review, so sorry this one didn't live up to the hype for you but glad you still are enjoying the story.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, a lot of people are saying it isn't as good as Divergent. 1st in a series are usally always the best in my opinion. I found Tris annoying in Divergent too, hence why I'm not going to read book 2..even though I thought the plot was really good and Four was awesome!

    Great review. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I re-read Divergent, too, and have been afraid of not loving Insurgent as much. I think I'll wait for a library copy. I saw it on the hold shelf when I was picking up my hold for Cinder (fun book)!

    ReplyDelete