5.06.2012

Review : Tiger's Quest by Colleen Houck :

Goodreads : Back in Oregon, Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. But danger lurks around the corner, forcing her to return to India where she embarks on a second quest--this time with Ren's dark, bad-boy brother Kishan, who has also fallen prey to the Tiger's Curse. Fraught with danger, spellbinding dreams, and choices of the heart, TIGER'S QUEST brings the trio one step closer to breaking the spell that binds them.

My thoughts : If you've read my review on Tiger's Curse you know that I absolutely loved this book and I was dying to get my hands on a copy of the sequel. I basically started reading Tiger's Quest as soon as I got it and I absolutely loved it. The first 150 pages or so  mainly focused on the romance and nothing much happened but after that the adventure kicked in and it was non stop action. 
I really like all the characters of the series though they sometimes annoy me for some reasons : Ren's jealousy and some of Kelsey's choices are what bothered me the most in this book but otherwise I love these characters. We also get to know more about Kishan <3 and Tiger's Quest is much more about him (while we could say that Tiger's Curse focused mainly on Ren) , which was something that I greatly appreciated. I'm actually not able to choose who I'd rather Kelsey to end up with at the moment because I love both Ren and Kishan.
The thing I like the most about this series is that it is really fast paced and we don't have time to take our breath as we're fed with non stop adventure, legends and myths from different countries. I simply love it. 
I very much enjoyed reading about the time Kishan and Kelsey spent with tha fairies and the tree nymphs. The Four Houses tasks were amazing, really Colleen Houck writes beautifully and it's no hard task to picture the several locations she describes : the heroes are constantly moving and we move along = that's what makes this series so unique and awesome! 
The ending truly broke my heart and my eyes were watering on several occasions.. I can't wait to know what will happen next. I've already ordered a copy of Tiger's Voyage and I can't wait for it to get here!!
Overall, this series is among my favourites and I strongly recommend the lovers of adventure books and who'd enjoy an epic romance to pick up a copy of the first book. However, I guess that those who don't enjoy love triangles wouldn't like the love story of the series but these books have so much more to offer than your typical YA romance.


4.5 Stars : Amazing book !!

10 comments:

  1. Wow tu as l'air d'avoir beaucoup aimé celui là aussi :D ! Il faut vraiment que je lise le premier tome depuis le temps que je l'ai acheté -____-.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I need to read this series! I keep forgetting because they never have the first one in the bookstore. I just heard that it got offered to be made into a movie, so I'm definitely going to try to get this one. Awesome review, Elodie!I'm glad you enjoyed this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be made into a movie and you can look at the series website for more information. it also has the first couple chapter of each of the books so far. it is www.tigerscursebook.com

      Delete
  3. Yay I'm glad that you enjoyed the sequel. I know you were raving about the first book and now that you have enjoyed the second book as well I'm kind of mad I haven't read this sooner.

    Love triangles are just something that happens so often in YA books that you just sort of expect it now. Plus from time to time it is really hard to choose the guy that you like best :)

    I can't wait to see what you think of the third book, hope you love it.

    Thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this book is amazing cant wait til tiger's destiny come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice when the sequel is as amazing as the first one, I'm glad you enjoyed this one so much! I hope it will be the same for the sequel. thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These books always look so fascinating! I'll definitely have to check out the first novel,

    Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you're still enjoying the series. It doesn't seem like my typical read, but I might enjoy it.
    Great review. Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to start this series! Sounds so good. I love books that can get to you emotionally. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this series sounds seriously unique. You're making me want to read it so much, Elodie!!

    ReplyDelete