5.16.2012

Waiting on Wednesday : Splintered by A.G. Howard :

Goodreads : For sixteen years, Alyssa Gardner has lived with the stigma of being descended from Alice Liddell -- the real life inspiration for Lewis Carroll's famed novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. But cruel jokes about dormice and tea parties can’t compare to the fact that Alyssa hears the whispers of bugs and flowers ... the same quirk which sent her mother to a mental institution years before.

When her mother takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong for Alyssa to bear, she seeks the origins of their family curse. A set of heirlooms and a moth tied to an unusual website lead Alyssa and her gorgeous best friend / secret crush, Jeb, down the rabbit hole into the real Wonderland, a place more twisted and eerie than Lewis Carroll ever let on.

There, creepy counterparts of the original fairytale crew reveal the purpose for Alyssa’s journey, and unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.

Desperately wanting : I've been dying to read Splintered ever since I heard about it .. It sounds beyond amazing, and look at this cover, isn't it gorgeous !? It's definitely in my top ten favourite covers for 2012 !! 
I can't wait to meet Alyssa and Jeb. I've actually never read a re-telling and I'm fascinated with everything Alice related :) !! Anita is also the sweetest person : she's sending me some swag and I'm soooo excited to get it .. Thank you so much Anita, you're the sweetest ! 

16 comments:

  1. I want this book so bad!!! I had this as my wow a while back. I hope we both get to read it soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this either! It sounds so good! :) I love that cover, it's so pretty but creepy too! Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I should love this cover or freaked out by it ... I love the flowers and drawing but those eyes... *shivers* little freaky don't you think? But the longer I look at it the better I like it... Great Pick Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this cover it's so eye catching! Sounds pretty neat too! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too Elodie! That cover alone would be enough to make me pick this one up, I wouldn't even need to know what it was about. But, I do and that makes me want to read it even more:) And lucky you getting swag, WOOT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niiice pick! I definitely want to read Splintered. And I love the cover.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this sounds like an awesome book :D I totally want to read it XD and the cover is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one looks so good. I can't wait to see how the author incorporates the Alice in Wonderland themes. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not a fan of fairy tale re-tellings so I might just wait and see a few reviews for this before I make a decision. The cover is awesome though.

    Hope you enjoy your trip to Dublin :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only found out about this book yesterday but once I saw it, it was added to my list it looks and sounds really good but I think theres a bit of a long wait :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cette couverture est juste sublime, j'adore! j'avoue que ça donne trés envie d'en apprendre plus sur l'histoire.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book sounds really interesting! I want to read this one too! Thanks for stopping by my WOW yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elodie, you ROCK! And I had a bit of a delay (had to take an unexpected trip out of town for a funeral) but plan to mail off that swag by today or tomorrow. So it's coming your way! Thanks again for the awesome PR! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG this sounds so good! Plus I love the cover. Thanks for sharing must add to my tbr list now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had this book a while ago on my WoW and this week in my top 10 awesomeness :D I honestly can't waaaaaait. This is too long :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence. Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.

    When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.

    ReplyDelete