6.01.2012

Short Review : Glass Houses by Rachel Caine :


Goodreads : It’s a small college town filled with quirky characters. But when the sun goes down, the bad comes out. Because in Morganville, there is an evil that lurks in the darkest shadows—one that will spill out into the bright light of day.
Claire Danvers has had enough of her nightmarish dorm situation. The popular girls never let her forget just where she ranks on the school’s social scene: somewhere less than zero. And Claire really doesn’t have the right connections—to the undead who run the town.
When Claire heads off campus, the imposing old house where she finds a room may not be much better. Hew new roommates don’t show many signs of life. But they’ll have Claire’s back when the town’s deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood...


My thoughts : It took me more than a week to read this book but I really enjoyed it. I'm kind of in a reading slump right now and I'm hoping to get back to reading 3 books a week because I really loathe reading that slowly. 
Onto the review, I found Rachel Caine's style to be unique : this book didn't sound like anything I read before. Claire was a nice main character though I didn't connect with her that much. I absolutely love Eve and Shane though. 
I wasn't enthralled by the plot and I guess that's one of the things that prevented me from reading Glass Houses faster. I own copies of Dead Girls Dance and Midnight Alley so I'll continue reading the series and I look forward to know what will happen next in Morganville. Have you read this series ? What did you think of it ? 


★★★ It was ok

9 comments:

  1. I actually have not read this series yet, and I don't really plan on doing so. The huge number of books in the series is just too intimidating for me! Haha. I'm sorry this book wasn't all that great for you. Hopefully the series will get better! Fantastic review, Elodie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the first four books in the series and I enjoyed them. I really like characters so I can't wait to see what happens next with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the series but my sister is obsessed with it and wants me to start. I probably will eventually. I'm sorry you're in a reading slump, but if it makes you feel any better I can't read 3 books a week on a good week, lol :) I'm lucky if I can get through 1 and a half in a week. I've come to terms with my slowness. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your honesty. This book wasn't on my radar before, and I honestly don't have any plans to read it now.

    Hope you get out of your slump soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw Elodie, I'm sorry you didn't love this. It's one of my favourite series. I love Shane too but I really like Claire. The first one would probably be the slowest of them so make sure you give the second one a go.

    I usually read about 3 books a week too, but I'm the same, if I'm not enjoying something it slows me right down.

    Great review hon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, it sure does drain your reading enthusiasm when a book takes that long to finish, doesn't it? Too bad you weren't in love with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate it when I'm in a slump! I hope things perk up for you soon:) I have been wanting to start this series. I haven't read anything by Rachel Caine yet. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I'm excited that you are starting this series Elodie! I found the first 1-2 books kinda slow, but there was something in them that compelled me to keep reading. The first book is mostly for set up, they do get progressively better, I find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I found you through Mindy's site (new follower). I never knew how many book review sites were out there, seems like there's never enough time to surf the net, yanno? Sorry you didn't fall in love with this book. I may still check it out since others seem to like it. Boo to your reading slump, I hate those:( Hope you find a new book to fall in love with soon!!!

    ReplyDelete