9.17.2012

Entangled by Nikki Jefford :

Goodreads : Two months after dying, seventeen-year-old witch Graylee Perez wakes up in her twin sister Charlene’s body.
Until Gray finds a way back inside her own body, she’s stuck being Charlene every twenty-hour hours. Her sister has left precise instructions on how Gray should dress and behave. Looking like a prep isn’t half as bad as hanging out with Charlene’s snotty friends and gropey boyfriend.
The “normals” of McKinley High might be quick to write her behavior off as post-traumatic stress, but warlock Raj McKenna is the only person who suspects Gray has returned from the dead.
Now Gray has to solve the mystery of her death and resurrection and disentangle herself from Charlene’s body before she disappears for good.

My thoughts : First can I say how stunning this cover looks ! Naj at Unputdownable Books designed it and she also created the covers for the next 2 books in the Spellbound trilogy. Now onto what's inside the book : Entangled was AWESOME. I've never read many witch books but I know that's going to change now : the atmosphere of this book was totally magical and bewitching. I loved reading the scenes in which Gray was doing magic tricks (like turning invisible). 

I also really enjoyed reading about twins : I guess we could say that we have a good twin (Graylee) and an evil one (Charlene).  Gray was a terrific heroine, I loved her from the very beginning while I immediately resented Charlene : they were complete opposites of each other. 
Raj, who is the male interest in Entangled, definitely won my heart : he had this bad boy attitude but he was also very caring. I'm hoping to have a lot of scenes featuring Raj and Gray in the next book !!

Being French, I greatly enjoyed reading the French class scene : it was hilarious. I have to admit that the way things turned out at the end left me a bit astonished : I wasn't expecting this at all but I'm very curious to see how things will develop in Duplicity. 
I really can't wait to read the next installment in the Spellbound series.
I would like to thank Nikki Jefford for sending me a copy of her book and bookmarks (I included some in my swag giveaway, you can enter here). 

★★★★

You can order a copy of this amazing book on The Book Depository !!

6 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad you liked this! And OMG, that cover! I didn't know it was designed by Naj, but it's stunning! Great job!:D

    And: witches, twins, magic, bad boy? Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to start this series! I've heard such great things about it. Plus, twins, hell yeah :) I'm really glad you liked it. Awesome review, Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad to say the author sent me this book so long ago and I have yet to read it. I guess the witch/wizard world will never be able to compare to Harry Potter so I've been on the fence about reading this one. I guess I better get over my fears and just read it already since it sounds amazing.

    Thanks for the amazing review and I can't wait to see what you think of the second book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is GORGEOUS, Elodie. <3

    Now that I think about it, I haven't read that many books about witches and twins either. The characters sound awesome though. I'm really interested in this Raj dude. He sounds like that most awesome of them all LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Raj has a bad boy attitude? Is it sad that the mere mention of a bad boy is more than enough to make me want to pick this book up? I'm easy, what can I say ;-) The cover is absolutely stunning as well, Naj did a beautiful job! Looking forward to your thoughts on the sequel Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wohoooo! I can't wait to read my copy of the book! I'm not one for witches but I hope Entangled changes it for me. Thanks for the wonderful review and for mentioning me! <333333

    ReplyDelete