9.27.2012

Review : Evie's Knight by Kimberley Krey :

Goodreads : When Evie falls in love with Calvin Knight, their young, virtuous romance conjures a truly wicked spell.
Evie always thought her eighteenth year would be magical, but so far it's not what she hoped for. Her best friend has gone wild, her love life is void, and she misses her mom more than ever. But life for Evie is about to change. Calvin Knight, the object of her fascination, is about to fall madly in love with her. Just one problem: Their love conjures a murderous woman from beyond the grave who wants Evie dead. The same demon who has haunted the Knight men for over four generations. Soon Calvin is forced to make a choice: Set Evie free and hope to evade the wrath of The Raven- haired Ghost, or use his newly gifted strengths to fight against her. If he chooses to fight and wins, Calvin will free the Knight men of this demonic witch. If he loses, Evie will become her next victim.


My thoughts :  I was ecstatic when I got a copy of this book because I had been wanting to read it as soon as I heard of it and the creepy/gorgeous cover definitely lured me in. Besides, Kimberly is the sweetest : seriously this girl is AMAZING !! 
With all that, I was definitely craving to know what Evie's Knight was about. Let me tell you in a few words : a curse, a mind blowing romance and awesome characters
First, I loved the fact that Evie was a college student and not the typical high school girl that you usually find in YA books. I pretty much instantly connected with her : though not as kick ass as my favourite heroines, she was a very strong and impossible not to love kind of girl. Let me tell you about Calvin Knight : HOT ! I loved the peach scene (you might have read a short excerpt of it in my teaser tuesday post) and Evie and him had this wonderful chemistry ! I sometimes found that they were a bit too perfect and virtuous though but they formed such a cute couple. 
I also loved Parker, though he definitely felt more like the little brother rather than the big one. He changed throughout the book and got a bit more responsible and mature ; I'd love to read his story (with Fiona). 
The villain in this book is the Raven-haired Ghost who cursed the men of the Knight family to lose the one they love. I really liked the idea of this awful curse but I'd have liked it to be a bit more developed and have more scenes featuring this murderous woman though ..
To me this book felt much more like a contemporary read, because of the super sweet romance and the family issues both characters had,  but I was very glad to  find some paranormal twists as well. 
Overall, if you're looking for a book with a great romance, awesome characters, a curse and even a some magic : pick up a copy of Evie's Knight my friends :). 
I would like to thank Kimberly for sending me a copy of her book in exchange for an honest review :). You're awesome darling !! 

★★★★ I really liked it !! 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great review, Elodie! You are awesome! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this sounds very intriguing. I love the sounds of the characters and the romance. I saw this cover a few days ago for the first time and it caught my eye. Great review, chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this from your teaser Elodie, I'm so excited to give it a try! The romance sounds amazing, even if they are a bit too perfect - I'm in the mood for a little sweet perfection:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a really neat story. I love that it has curses, magic and romance. I'm really glad you enjoyed it, Elodie. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great- I'm definitely going to add it to my TBR list. I love the cover, too. Thanks for the review, Elodie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this book before, but I love that it's contemporary and paranormal! :) I love that combination. ;) Great review.

    J'adore Happy Endings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review Elodie. I love the sound of the great romance, that always reels me in. I look forward to picking this one up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eeee!! :D now you really made me want to read it x) I wanted to read it since you posted about it a few months ago :) Great review Elodie!

    ReplyDelete